Position Title: Member of the Giving Voice Initiative (GVI) Board of Directors
Length of Term: Three years (two term limit)
Mission of Organization: GVI inspires and equips organizations around the world to build choruses that bring joy, well-being, purpose, and community understanding to people with Alzheimer’s and their care partners. The only organization of its kind, GVI is creating a movement to build choral music communities that celebrate the potential of people living with dementia.
Join a working board and support GVI’s vision to lead a worldwide movement that helps people with Alzheimer’s and their care partners live better lives and benefit their communities through singing together. There are many opportunities for GVI to contribute emerging research in the area of dementia and music and to change the stigma of Alzheimer’s. The board of directors is a key support to the strategic development and long-term impact of GVI.
We are seeking new candidates to add to the current board with an interest in their mission having the following skills:
- Finance/accounting executive level experience to support board level financial oversight and planning
- Operational process design and oversight to help build the infrastructure to support rapid organization growth
- Mid-career candidates are desired, although not required
- Work experience with the operating environments of start-ups and small to mid-size organizations.
Key Board Member Roles:
- Determine how the organization will carry out its mission through strategic planning – actively participate in an overall planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan’s goals
- Adopt an annual budget and provides fiscal oversight
- Connect the organization to potential partners and networks
- Provide financial support, effective oversight and leadership vision/growth
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity.
- Enhance the organization’s public standing.
- Interest in and willingness to support Giving Voice Initiative’s goals and objectives
- Collaborative nature
- Commitment to open and honest communication
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of board meetings (6 board meetings per year, approximately 2 hours in length)
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and related work (1-3 hours per month as determined by the committee)
- Attend and actively participate in the annual meeting (approx. 2 hours)
- Represent GVI at special events such as concerts/rehearsals (2 events per year recommended)
- Board terms are three years in length and are renewable for two terms
This is an unpaid position.
Interested parties should contact Executive Director of Giving Voice, Eyleen Braaten at email@example.com